Come visit the grounds of our historic tavern and wander through our beautiful 5-acre arboretum!
You’re invited to our upcoming Victorian Tea on August 18, 2018, from 11am to 3pm!
In the 19th century, guests at the Fryfogel Inn would have enjoyed tea in the parlour or dining room, as an alternative to spending time in the rowdy tavern part of the building.
- Choose from a variety of teas to sip, including herbal teas from our gardens, served in dainty teacups.
- Sample some historic treats made with recipes pulled from antique cookbooks.
- Enjoy a guided tour of Fryfogel’s Tavern and learn about the ongoing restoration work.
- Try some Victorian crafts.
You are welcome to wear a Victorian costume, but time-travelers in modern attire are just as welcome!
This is a drop-in event and is by donation. Proceeds will go towards the restoration of Fryfogel’s Tavern.
We can’t wait to see you there!
You are invited to our Midcentury Tea on August 11, 2018.
You probably know that Fryfogel’s Tavern began its life as a tavern and inn in the wilderness of the historic Huron Tract. But in the 1940s, 50s, and 60s, it was renovated to become a tearoom, restaurant, and event facility. Our tea party is inspired by that era of our beloved building’s history.
- Enjoy a variety of teas served in dainty teacups, including our own herbal teas from the garden.
- Sample an assortment of period-appropriate treats.
- Discover Fryfogel’s Tavern on a guided tour of our nearly 175-year-old building.
- Take home a Polaroid photo to remember the day.
If you’d like, dress up in clothing inspired by the 1940s – 1960s! Time-travelers in modern attire are welcome too.
The event is by donation, with proceeds going toward the ongoing restoration of Fryfogel’s Tavern. The week after, we’ll be holding our Victorian Tea.
We hope to see you there! It’s going to be great!